The Betrayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ciccone's House of Potions and Elixirs

2 posters

Go down

Ciccone's House of Potions and Elixirs Empty Ciccone's House of Potions and Elixirs

Post  Ciccone Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:45 am

Basically I've decided that as Ciccone currently is (beautiful, sexy, excellent healer and Fermin replacement) she isn't a sustainable character. I think this issue was highlighted today when pre-Kara I had 250g and after preparing and making potions and elixirs I was down to 50g. Hardly the way to do things if I want my epic mount. Now this wouldn't be a problem if I was still OOMkin specced since I could do some dailies or quests afterwards but as resto and with the gear I've got its just not feasible to go questing in Netherstorm or SMV.

I have no problem farming herbs since I find it rather relaxing (working towards my epic mount I would get up two hours earlier than I needed for work and farm fadeleaf). I do enjoy chucking on a playlist of good music and brainlessly looking for yellow dots on the mini-map so I'll still be collecting mats.

So onto the main course, basically I'm going to start charging for pots and elixirs. Now you might worry that there is no point in getting things from me, you should get them from the AH etc etc however that is not the case. Over the next few days I'm going to be monitoring the AH price and when this is implemented my stacks will run quite a bit cheaper. For example, the cost of a stack (5) of Super Healing Potions (SHP) is roughly 7g 50s. I'd charge say 4-5g for the 5 SHP. The other nice thing that you will benefit from is my Master of Elixirs talent which means I can randomly make additional elixirs. What this means for you is that if you wanted say 10 Elixir of Healing Powers and payed for 10 and I made 13 you would get all at the price of 10. How kind am I?!

I'll probably get this system up and running soon (thinking a week or so since I'm heading for a vacation) but the basics will be I'll post prices here (guaranteed to be cheaper) and say a day prior to each Kara run which I can make send me in-game mail or post here listing what you want and I'll get it rustled up for you. I might not be able to fill larger orders in a short time span so if you want 50 Onslaught Potions I'll need time to farm farm farm!

I'll post more here in due time. Hope this is ok with everyone!
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Ciccone's House of Potions and Elixirs Empty Prices

Post  Ciccone Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:59 am

Ok, so what I've done so far is looked up the prices of some of the potions and elixirs that seem to be most popular on the AH. I've taken the cheapest price on offer and given a 10% deduction to the price. This will become more important when buying bulk or purchasing flasks which may become more useful as raids progress. I'll be monitoring the prices weekly and changing them as the market changes. Rest assured that if someone lists something cheaper than whats on here, show it to me and I'll take that price and apply the discount. As with mentioned in the previous post, any additional elixirs created when I'm making your order, you keep. I've no intention of being sly about this since I doubt I have much use for an extra Earthen Elixir. The prices offered on these materials are guild or raid members only. Orders a few hours before a major event would be appreciated ^^

+++++++++++++++++++++EDIT+++++++++++++++++++++

Due to the now silly prices of potions and elixirs on the auction house (8g for ONE Elixir of Healing Power) I've decided to sell ALL potions and elixirs I make at 1g 50s per pot. Ridiculously cheap I know. This will however be on the condition that either you whisper me before a raid or have a regular order I can be prepared for.

If you ask for something DURING a raid be prepared to be charged AH prices, told to stuff it, or told to prepare better next time - raids aren't instances after all and DO require preparation.

So again, thats 1g 50s REGARDLESS of the pot or mats used. So 1g 50s for one Elixir of Healing Power (8g or so on AH), Draenic (2g or so), Strength (3g or so), SMP or SMH. You get the idea.

All flasks now cost 35g (instead of the usual 40g+ on AH) and MUST be ordered before I am summoned to a raid or instance as they require a visit to Scholo, BWL or Shattrath to make.

I know that me charging for potions will annoy a lot of people but this isn't really a matter of choice. Either I do this and you get cheap (and sometimes free items) or you buy from the AH where I'll be selling less items and at full price. Take your pick!

That said, elixirs and potions will be free with your mats and if you have the herbs, motes or primals required there will be a very minimal fee for using my vials (I'm thinking 1g per 10 imbued vials used).

I can also transmute a small amount of items currently so if needed let me know. Transmutations are completely free with your materials.

Please let me know what you want giving me enough time to get the items required

Note:

In promoting the habit of good raid practices, all potions and elixirs should be requested prior to the raid and NOT during. Not only does making more take up time it also means I have to carry more herbs and vials with me so I don't have as much room for my own potions and gear. Thus, if anyone requires extra potions and elixirs and I'm not being generous and handing out freebies then on top of what you want you'll pay an extra 1g. Sorry, but I get distracted during raids when I'm asked often concerning making additional materials.

Last edited by on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Ciccone's House of Potions and Elixirs Empty Re: Ciccone's House of Potions and Elixirs

Post  Ciccone Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:08 am

Finally since its 6am, I'm tired, need to sleep but feel like rambling a bit more this section will be spawned.

Recommendations:

These are very rough guidelines just to help you out if your beginning to raid and are somewhat bewildered by the idea of needing to use potions (I feel that should be stressed. Elixirs can be a huge benefit in raids since they boosts stats very nicely and at least a few mana and health potions are essential per run)

Melee fighters will benefit from Super Healing Potions and elixirs that boost agility and strength and possibly fortitude elixirs.

Casters should have Super Mana Potions and possibly a few SHPs in reserve just in case. From playing OOMkin up to 70 I think that Elixir of Draenic Wisdom and Adept's Elixir are strongly worth considering.

Tanks (or Ava) should grab some Elixirs of Major Fortitude although I think the Flask version may be of more help as raids progress.

Healers (yay!) should definitely take along 5 or so Elixirs of Healing Power and possibly more (I always carry 10 or so of my own to each raid) since the +50 healing bonus is, IMHO, too good to miss out on. This couples nicely with Elixir of Draenic Wisdom for a spirit and int boost.

Hunters.... I have no idea where you fit but SHPs and SMPs would probably help!
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Ciccone's House of Potions and Elixirs Empty Re: Ciccone's House of Potions and Elixirs

Post  Fermin Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:33 pm

I think I might devote a whole bag to the elixirs of healing power, considering each time I die (instead of Cicc) I need to pop another one!

Also, I think this is a really good idea of Cicc's. We should all be advertising to each other what we can do to help other guildys. I'm a 350 enchanter and 300 tailor (trying to power level both to 375 atm). If anyone needs either of those I'd be happy to help; and if you get recipes you're going to vend/auction let me know!

Fermin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccone Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:36 am

Thanks Fermin ^^ I tend to take about 10 healing powers on every Kara run which is normally enough. If you could make a post and list enchants you can do and prices I'm certain you'll get loads of replies. A popular topic late at night in /g seems to be working out who exactly is an enchanter. I'd also be interested in seeing what you can knit (tailor =P ) for me since I really need some new bracers to replace my horrible dps cloth ones I'm stuck with atm.
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Ciccone's House of Potions and Elixirs Empty Fermin needs some stuff!

Post  Fermin Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:58 pm

On this vein of intra-guild cooperation, can any of the blacksmithers in the guild make Fermin an Adamantite Rod and/or the Hand of Eternity? I've been spamming trade chat for a week now with no luck. I'll pay the market price for them, I just want to get my hands on them!

Fermin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccone Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:20 am

Bump due to changes.

From now on payment is in gold or no pots. Yes I'm horrible.
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum