The Betrayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.4Patch

3 posters

Go down

2.4Patch Empty 2.4Patch

Post  zyberian Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:37 am

About damn time i do say and some of the changes are worth the read especially casters INTELLECT FTW

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/testrealm.html

zyberian

Back to top Go down

2.4Patch Empty Re: 2.4Patch

Post  Ciccone Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:21 pm

I'm still looking for some hard numbers on how much Intellect is going to affect mana regen but this is a good change as currently I'm sitting with high intellect and stamina and spirit is a bit behind!
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

2.4Patch Empty Int :spi

Post  zyberian Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:57 pm

From what i can see the PTR people are reporting around 25-40% boost depending on talents

for Ciccone from armory u have around 25 -32% boost on mana regen

try this site for more advanced details tho some its just math (yawn)

zyberian

Back to top Go down

Post  Knargelion Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:00 pm

The figure I've seen banded about (and a quick conversion of what's on wowwiki at time of post gives the same) is:

regen = spirit*sqrt(Intellect)/21.44

That's per 5 seconds, just like it's displayed on your character sheet, even though it ticks ever 2 seconds

The regen per 5 second figures in 2.3 are:
Mages and Priests: regen = spirit*0.625
Druids: regen = spirit*0.555...
Other mana users: regen = spirit*0.5
So as things stand it's a huge buff

Knargelion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccone Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:28 pm

I'm now looking at 346 mana regen as my new base. Thats a massive improvement on 260. Couple that with innervate, mad alchs, love struck and bangle of endless blessings I don't think I'll be ooming anytime soon - especially if I'm only required to fire off HoTs.

This should be fun.
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

2.4Patch Empty biggest nerf they ever sneaked in

Post  zyberian Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:35 pm

Spell Haste: Spell haste now reduces the global cooldown on spells, down to a minimum of 1 second. This change does not apply to melee and ranged abilities.

This is unwelcome and quite frankly rude Fully proccing and raid buffed with a shaman on heroism and a LW druid or rogue with drums meant that i used to get my casts down to around 0.25 second casts and although the aggro then goes off the charts it still meant faster boss kills...so then this gets sneaked in with all the other BS changes

RE: manaburn/Power infusion on Priests...BS

The benefits of drinking out of combat have been delayed. It will now take five seconds before the full benefit of the mana regeneration will come into effect.
also total BS, who the f*** wants to stand around a full seconds before their drinks can come into effect? Its not even a good idea for PVP.... Caster type goes OOM after clearing an area of Horde...5seconds pass begins to drink...1 second later TEH ROGUE OF IMBA DOOM stabs you for 1dmg (j/k)...YOu enter combat having only 1 second of drink time...You Die..Ressurect at Dun baldar coz the ally fail at GY capping

Improved Mend Pet now has a 50/100% chance to remove one Curse, Disease, Magic, or Poison effect, up from 15/50%.
Hurray for hunters everywhere now u can ultra kill those nasty locks Smile

Blink, Slow, and Spellsteal have all had their mana cost reduced.
I have been waiting for this since spellsteal was introduced...

Icy Veins no longer stacks with Bloodlust/Heroism. WORST NERF EVER i mean cmon thats part of the point of spell haste><

New Talent: Molten Shields will cause your Fire Ward to have a 10/20% chance to reflect Fire spells while active. In addition, your Molten Armor has a 50/100% chance to affect ranged and spell attacks.
ranged attackers die faster WOOHOO for fire mages

Spellsteal will no longer overwrite a longer duration buff.
Zyberian steals Arcane intellect from player [name]...Zyberian has only 2minutes of AI remaining.. NOT now MWAHYAHAH

Turn Undead(Rank 3):This spell has been reworked and has been renamed to “Turn Evil”. It will now work on Demons in addition to Undead. Turn Evil is subject to diminishing returns, and lasts 10 seconds in PvP.
yea we always knew palas loved the demons really

Silent Resolve:This talent now affects Surge of Light, Power Infusion, Inspiration, Spirit Tap, Blackout, Levitate, Shackle Undead, Touch of Weakness, Hex of Weakness, and Symbol of Hope.
Nice now i cant counter anything an arena priest throws at me *Swearing in the background*....

Abilities that can be used while stealthed, without breaking stealth, can now be cast without breaking Vanish when used at the same time.
6 seconds of stabbing the crap out of people then running away finally a point to vanish.

Puncturing Wounds increases your critical strike chance with Backstab by 10/20/30%, and the critical strike chance with your Mutilate ability by 5/10/15%.
For hardcore backstabbers this will definately be usefull in arenas and BG for clothie quick kills

Improved Sprint: This ability will now always remove Entangling Roots. More CC dispelling GG Smile

# Sap mechanic changed from “Incapacitate” to “Sap”. This will allow more humanoids that were previously immune to Sap to be vulnerable to Sap, but still immune to Gouge. Note that anything that removed Sap previously will still remove Sap after the change.
More use for rogues tho still just white dmg for kara><

The Shaman spell Fire Nova Totem will no longer sometimes detonate without doing any damage. Great now the shammies are guaranteed to kill something while they out heal everyone in a BG

Demonic Knowledge: This buff will no longer remain on enslaved demons when Enslave Demon is removed. It will now increase your spell damage by an amount equal to 4/8/12%, down from 5/10/15%.
ahahaha locks get 3% nerf i think il still run from SL/SL ones...

Ritual of Summoning can be used to summon players into instances if they meet the instance requirements.
Finally we don't have to wait on people with a lock in the raid

Endless Rage will now give the correct amount of rage as intended from damage dealt by a Warrior. so anyone to volunteer arms tanking??!!Razz

Flurry will properly refresh if a crit occurs with 1 charge left.
So every time he/she crits me on a last charge he/she gets it again? NERF ><

zyberian

Back to top Go down

2.4Patch Empty THE BG'S

Post  zyberian Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:45 pm

# Diminishing returns on honor for kills is being eliminated.
# Honor will now be instantly calculated, and available for player use.
# Players that have the resurrection sickness debuff will be worth no honor.

Some of the best changes ever Honor use immediately will set people to work harder id imagine (or leach better)
Res sick FTW lets all stand around halaa loling at lowbies ganking for no reason at all Smile

Matchmaking: If a queued player has a personal rating higher than their team rating, the matchmaking system will now use the highest personal rating of a queued member of that team for matchmaking purposes, instead of the team rating.
Finally no more team boosting...WORK for it fools

Players feared outside of the Arena (through the world or outside the arena walls) will now be teleported back to the center of the arena map.
never really had a problem like this tho i can see the use for it ..and the eventual problems..the middle..easy access kills><
ALTERAC VALLEY
If a player dies 50 times or more in a battleground, they will no longer be worth honor for the remainder of that battle.
Solution swap BG for a game come back and get killed again^^

Captain Balinda Stonehearth now has additional spells, and she can no longer be slowed or locked out of a school with interrupts (although she can still be interrupted).
ALLIANCE NERF

Vanndar Stormpike and Captain Balinda Stonehearth have had their health totals reduced to match the health totals of Drek’Thar and Captain Galvangar
this is total BS I have never seen a Horde pug not kill Balinda before galv goes down.... Oh and one well placed fear on the MT at Drek = Alliance lose by 1 second EVERYtime
ALLIANCE NERF

Horde players will now start the battle closer to Drek’Thar and Frostwolf Keep. yes coz we really want them there ><
ALLIANCE NERF

There is now a Join as Party option. Horde premades in AV ...
ALLIANCE NERF

WARSONG GULCH
* When both flags are held, the flag carriers will receive 50% increased damage done to them after approximately 10 minutes and 100% increased damage after approximately 15 minutes.
* Flag carriers can now be tracked 45 seconds after picking up the flag.
Lets face it wsg is for tokens and ONLY tokens faster games mean more tokens = better gear sooner cant complain here tbh

zyberian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum