The Betrayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healing in Karazhan

3 posters

Go down

Healing in Karazhan Empty Healing in Karazhan

Post  Ciccone Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:56 pm

So I cant be arsed farming, my next lecture is too close for either struggling to solo my dailies (how I love that one in Ogri'la ^_^ ) or find a group for an heroic so instead you will get the start of my lovely guide of how to heal in the Ivory Tower! So, why am I doing this? Simple, because all those "How To" videos rarely tell you about healing tactics instead leaving you with the lovely surprise of Garrote ticking for 1000 on multiple targets on your first time doing Moroes. So here is everyone's favourite lump of tinder with an outline of how to heal the bosses of Karazhan:

As a foreword I would like to recommend somethings I find very useful to healing

1) Grid (an excellent raid and party display) configured to show debuffs that are important / you can remove
2) A mouse with many mappable buttons (height of laziness but makes everything fuck loads easier)
3) The ability to put up with the greatest load of stress out of everyone in the raid (bars... falling... heal... silenced ARRRGGGHHH!!)

And so with little more rambling - It's The Huntsman

Attuneman The Huntsman and his favourite beastiality victim, Midnight

This fight will begin with an OT engaging Midnight. It is important not to have any stacked heals (prayer of mending, renew, blessing of the Naruu, rejuvenation, lifebloom, regrowth etc) on the OT as there is the chance when the OT aggros Midnight will come galloping right at the darling healers. Once Midnight is picked up heal the OT but stop when midnight reaches 90-95% (it is helpful for any raid members with HoTs to cancel them now) as The Huntsman will spawn and will go straight for a healer otherwise. Now relax back into the usual healing roles (be it MT, OT or raid) until midnight hits 50%. Again stop, cancel HoTs, wait for MT to pick up the combined bosses then continue healing. Hug Midnight to avoid the charge (this can kill squishie healers) and remember the remove the Curse. Easy. And Boring.

Cum Midnight! o.o

Moroes and his guests for his planned orgy you so rudely interrupt (Moroes must be gay with quotes like "you rang?")

Moroes can be a prick if not DPSed down enough as too many garrotes will overwhelm any healer. A healer should be assigned for the MT, one for OT and one for the raid whilst the adds are cc'ed / being taken down. Once the adds are cleared its a good idea to move the OT healer to raid / garrotes but making sure they look out for Blind, keep the MT healer on the MT and the raid healer remain on raid and concentrate on Garrotes. Garrotes can be easily taken care of in small numbers (4-5) by using a ToL stacking HoTs which will easily out-tick the garrote damage or quick heals from any other healer. Once garrote has been taken control of - I recommend making Grid show the garrote debuff - it all comes down to the DPS getting Moroes down quick enough before the healers are overwhelmed. This can be a bit of an endurance fight so switch to sustainability gear rather than high +healing gear if you have it. Also, garrote on the MT should not be a problem as they should be getting lots of healing as it is. This fight is a CC / healing check so as long as these components are met Moroes shouldn't be too tough.

How... clumsy of me....

To be added: The rest

Last edited by Ciccone on Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Healing in Karazhan Empty I R back for moar

Post  Ciccone Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:26 pm

So after a riveting organic chemistry lecture (I now know that acetone is the solvent for SN2 reactions and to displace OH with tosylate before reacting benzyl alcohol with sodium cyanide since OH isn't a leaving group but tosylate is a charming one to work with due to resonances) and thankfully no lecture on nuclear chemistry (n-gamma, n-gamma, n-gamma, beta minus, n-gamma, beta minus [repeat 20 times]) I have returned so spoil the forums you all with my lovely musings.

Maiden of Virtue / Ironic Maiden

There really shouldn't be any problems on this giant bint (you can see up her skirt after downing her - not so pure after all...) so long as there aren't any ninja pulls and those that can dispel Holy Fire do so as soon as possible. This does mean that priesties will need to be on the ball to get it removed. Other than that healing should be concentrated on the MT with any ToL in the group making sure there is at least a 3-lifebloom stack and a rejuvenation ticking on the MT before repentance. Pally healers really help here with blessing of sacrifice so that they can come out of repentance to heal the MT. As such a good setup is a watchful priest to remove Holy Fire and raid heal, a pally on the MT and ToL on raid heal and HoT stacking. Problems may arise with LoS issues so all dps should move just to the outside of the circle the maiden stands in so that the healers can gloat at their ugly faces. It should be noted that paladins can also cleanse to remove Holy Fire.

Impure thoughts lead to profane actions... which is why she doesn't wear underwear

Opera Event

Romulo and Julianne

The fight will start with Julianne in which case either the OT or MT can tank. One healer should be assigned to heal the tank and another for raid healing with the third healer for back up but mainly not casting to conserve mana. When Julianne is downed, Romulo will spawn which may be tanked by the same tank or a different one. Now the third healer should kick in, healing the Romulo tank and allowing the Julianne healer to recover some mana. When both of them fight together the Julianne healer should heal the Julianne tank and the second healer the Romulo tank raid healing should continue as normal. The major trick with this fight is making sure they die within 10 seconds of each other and shouldn't pose any problems for healing so long as the healers have potions.

Wizard of Oz

Depending on the strategy the healers will either be split on healing the MT (on Tinhead) and the OT (on Roar) with the third on raid healing or if Roar is to be feared the MT and raid. There really isn't anything worth noting here aside from the fact that raid healing will need extra attention when Dorothee is up since she aggros randomly and the start of the fight where confusion is most likely.

Big Bad Wolf

Healer aside to the Tank, and two to the raid. Both of the raid healers should be ready to help heal the MT every now and then and both should be ready to heal the Red Riding Hood victim since the debuff could be given to a healer. The Big Bad Wolf can be taken down very quickly so there shouldn't be any worry about sustainability here.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to this evening's presentation! - presented by someone who looks like Algorath
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Healing in Karazhan Empty Re: Healing in Karazhan

Post  Fermin Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:09 pm

I did always think Barnes the Stage Manager sounded a bit Northern. That might explain why my mount always gets nicked while we're inside fighting the Curator........

Fermin

Back to top Go down

Post  Knargelion Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:50 pm

Little addition for moroes. Unless you have a bllind absorber, employed specifically to stand inside moroes all fight, someone needs to be prompt on removing the blind (poison) from the off-tank. This is the exact reason he was munching on you two weeks ago actually cicc Razz. Blind on the off-tank followed by gouge on the tank generally means moroes on a healer. Unpleasant.

Also...
I did always think Barnes the Stage Manager sounded a bit Northern. That might explain why my mount always gets nicked while we're inside fighting the Curator........
Ahem! if you'll notice, your voodoo shaker is still neatly clipped to your belt, so that's enough of the old "northerners can't keep their mitts of shiny things" thankyou.

(that oughta keep him till i can pull off the big score)

Knargelion

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccone Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:00 am

Gah! I've never picked up on that before with Moroes to be honest and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Thanks for letting me know, I'll edit what I've written to show so. I hate how he always munchies on me even though according to DBM I'm not that high on the aggro - I must just be so sexy.
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Post  Fermin Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:51 pm

Moroes and Ciccone sitting in a tree.
F, u, c, k, i, n, g!
First comes love, then comes marriage.
Then comes a messed up tree/elf/human/zombie in a baby carriage!

Fermin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccone Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:19 pm

Your a strange man.
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down