The Betrayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migration plans

4 posters

Go down

Migration plans Empty Migration plans

Post  Ruid Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi,

Since we are joining 2 guilds we should discuss and implement few things. I know some may say it is not required or leave things as there are because we like it.
However this is unavoidable, we have to face them and improve our tools

1. Raid signups.
Any in-game addons are not working properly when you try to use them by more then few people. Essadir has pointed out best solutions.
They are tested and we can relay on them. Nobody will be missed if signed.
2. Voice communication
I know you are using TC which is working for you. However I would suggest Ventrillo which has better codecs and can show who is speaking on G15 keyboard Wink
3. Forum.
Unfortunately I don't like yours. Our old forum was also crappy (not all functions worked but visually was much better)
I suggest to use phpBB with one of the wow skins. No more crappy fields and strange looking posts.

4. Guild structure
Do we create another guild for alts? or maybe Leave some alts in Husaria, leave some alts in the Betrayers. put Raiding mains in new guild?
We could develop 2 child guilds when players could level up theirs toons. The Betrayers for English spoken players and Husaria for polish spoken players.

When someone wants to raid could apply to raiding guild.

Of course whole organization structure would be copied from the Betrayers.

If not some transparent role structure should be introduced to filter raiding part from pvp/none raiding players.

5. Character builds and gear
I have noticed that some of players do not have "best" pve build for their role. SOme of the players do not have best chosen gear.
We should revise all raiding player's toons and decide what have to be changed.

The whole change is about to improve our raiding expirience. To have fun from it.
I would like to avoid situation where all the changes were done for nothing.
Raiding in pvp or pve/pvp hibrid builds, wearing inproper equipment (like medalion of alliance) is not leading anywhere.

Please read my thoughts and say what do you think. I want to maximize the effort to lead as to resume 25people raids asap.

Ruid

Back to top Go down

Migration plans Empty Re: Migration plans

Post  Essadir Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Ruid..."Migration plans", ya scared me like hell, man Wink

Essadir

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamannon Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:20 am

For now we should establish the Raid dkp / prio system and Raid Sign Up ;> Btw My first so hello everybody Wink
Seamannon
Seamannon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccone Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Ruid wrote:Hi,

Since we are joining 2 guilds we should discuss and implement few things. I know some may say it is not required or leave things as there are because we like it.
However this is unavoidable, we have to face them and improve our tools

1. Raid signups.
Any in-game addons are not working properly when you try to use them by more then few people. Essadir has pointed out best solutions.
They are tested and we can relay on them. Nobody will be missed if signed.
2. Voice communication
I know you are using TC which is working for you. However I would suggest Ventrillo which has better codecs and can show who is speaking on G15 keyboard Wink
3. Forum.
Unfortunately I don't like yours. Our old forum was also crappy (not all functions worked but visually was much better)
I suggest to use phpBB with one of the wow skins. No more crappy fields and strange looking posts.

4. Guild structure
Do we create another guild for alts? or maybe Leave some alts in Husaria, leave some alts in the Betrayers. put Raiding mains in new guild?
We could develop 2 child guilds when players could level up theirs toons. The Betrayers for English spoken players and Husaria for polish spoken players.

When someone wants to raid could apply to raiding guild.

Of course whole organization structure would be copied from the Betrayers.

If not some transparent role structure should be introduced to filter raiding part from pvp/none raiding players.

5. Character builds and gear
I have noticed that some of players do not have "best" pve build for their role. SOme of the players do not have best chosen gear.
We should revise all raiding player's toons and decide what have to be changed.

The whole change is about to improve our raiding expirience. To have fun from it.
I would like to avoid situation where all the changes were done for nothing.
Raiding in pvp or pve/pvp hibrid builds, wearing inproper equipment (like medalion of alliance) is not leading anywhere.

Please read my thoughts and say what do you think. I want to maximize the effort to lead as to resume 25people raids asap.

I love long posts as it makes mine seem longer when I quote it ^_^
Anyway, you've asked fro thoughts on the issue so I'm going to throw some of mine out there.

1. Whilst I like using Group Calendar for raid sign-ups due to its ability to create events on the fly, I don't know of its reliability in larger setups. I've seen a few guilds that used methods on the internet to sign up (I know Flawless did) but it seemed that these methods were forgotten about due in to convenience and we may be better off sticking with in game sign ups, perhaps simply using a more reliable add-on?

2. Both TS and Vent are nice for communication but one thing I found when doing ZA on the Husaria Vent server was that the sound quality sounded poorer than it does on TS. This might have simply been a relic of the codec being used at the time but overall I prefer the UI of TS. That said, so long as the method we implement works then I'm happy. Why don't we use both TS and Vent? Say Vent for 25 mans and TS for 10 mans / heroics? That way, strain on the two servers would be kept to a minimum.

3. Hey! I love this crappy forum Smile I believe Shanukar and Orofin are working on a new forum based on guildlaunch so hopefully this will generally be more pleasing.

4. I actually really like this idea however for many The Betrayers is important to them for RP. I think the current idea is that we use The Betrayers as a RP / raiding guild (letting people do either of which they want) and we will create a guild for alts and levelling. However, I'm easy either which way.

5. I agree completely in regards to talent builds. We should be using strictly PvE builds (which for druids in my opinion is a full 0/0/61 build or a mana mend spec if you want to be really awkward on the raid - no stray points in feral or balance for example) and people that are using hybrid builds should not be considered first for raid sign-ups.

So lets for example, take myself as an example. My armory profile is here. Now from my build I would strongly hope that people can see this as being a full raiding build (albeit with Omen of Clarity for making soloing that tiny bit easier and without improved tranquility since I rarely use the spell and it doesn't have the bunch to pull aggro along with subtlety and Bracing Earthstorm Diamon) however I do have PvP gear. This will be the case with a few of our guild members and it isn't out of preference but rather necessity since its better to be running around in PvP gear gemmed and enchanted for PvE than running around in blues from normal instances. Gear like this will be replaced as soon as possible, its just that many of us haven't had the item drops we need yet.

However, I would be very wearing of taking someone with more than three or so pieces of PvP gear since this is a PvE guild afterall. Trinkets etc should be PvE items, there are no excuses there.
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccone Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:08 pm

Seamannon makes a good point and that is the loot system we shall be using. I feel that gear should be given out on a need basis in some of the lower end instances (Kara, Gruuls, Maggy etc) but in later instances ZA, SSC, TK and so on, we should use a system similar to DKP whereby people are rewarded for coming to raids and being committed, regardless of their spec or class. If we do use such a system, points should be given for coming to all raids (be it Legacy raids for a laugh to get a member an item they really want) including the ones based on the need system (kara etc). After all, people are helping out and devoting their time and need to be rewarded for that.

In later raids, such as Kara, I believe that Tier tokens shouldn't be given to a certain class or spec. We shouldn't be seeing "Oh Ciccone is a resto druid, he needs it more than X who is a Shadow Priest". These items should be bid on with points in a system similar to DKP imo.
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum