The Betrayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gruul

+2
Knargelion
zyberian
6 posters

Go down

Gruul Empty Gruul

Post  zyberian Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:06 am

So i ve been hearing a whole lot of things about the guilds attempt at "das Gruulinator" and to be honest in my experience (and yes i have TRIED the schmuck..and failed horribly) we are not yet geared and organised enough for such an event

Heres' why :
We DONT have the correct amount of Tank specced classes (Ava and now Methias and... 3rd n 4th pleae put your vote in here
We DONT have Enough well geared Healer Specced classes (Ciccone Fermin Cascardo *insert 6 more here*
We DONT have 2 extremely well geared PVE hunters (shanu and .... *vote for an epic: Fonlius is quite close though*
We DONT have 2 Huge HP warlocks (who are on often enough) (Deamothul and felwand)
We DO have 1 Semi viable mage tank for The mage add in HKM (yes me QQ why the hell not)
We Do have a Few Shamans for the Dps groups IF they all Spec ELE/HEALERS
We Do have Leatherworkers with Drum of War for the increased DPS boost
We Dont have responsible Shadow priests to my knowledge *extra heals make the difference*
We Dont have 25 Fully Geared people Yet so Far i can Count around 16 -18 and they are Not all the Right SPEC
If you Want to DO GRUUL in the Face SPEC LIKE IT MEANS SOMETHING

zyberian

Back to top Go down

Gruul Empty Gruul FOR HKM

Post  zyberian Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:17 am

For the First Boss with 4 Adds Totaling 303500 HP EACH this is How Team IMBA looks

Group one
Warrior 16K unbuffed tanking HKM himself
Healer (flash heals)
Warlock for Stam buff Will also be Tanking OLM and stealin his Horrible pets
Dps of Choice Probably a rogue
Second Healer (flash / DOT)

Group two
Druid Tank 15K unbuffed Bearform
Warlock Also Helping on OLM pets and Dotting the crap out of Mobs
Shadow Priest Dps and Grp heals
Healer on Druid tank
Healer on DPS warlock

Group three
Healer
DPS PREF shaman in this GRP
Hunter TANK
DPS
Shadow Priest

Group four
Healer
Hunter TANK
DPS
DPS
Warlock /Shadow Priest

Group five
MAGE TANK
HEALER
HEALER
DPS
DPS

Thats it So far as i Said We need More epic faced Players with SPEC to back it up

zyberian

Back to top Go down

Gruul Empty SPECS

Post  zyberian Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:31 am

This is a notice for end gamers who wish to Raid
Warriors =TANKS 16K +
Warriors /= dps (bad dps mongers)

Shamans = Healer
Shamans = elemental with pets 750 +
Shamans /= Enhancement (fire blizzard for this ever happening)

Druids = Healers
Druids = Tanks
Druids = Boomkins 700 dmg +
Druids /= Feral DPS (no melee you hurt the healers mana pool)

Mages
Fire 10/48/3 700 dmg +
ICE 10/51 ONLY Full epics may apply : 800+

Priests = Healer
Priests = Shadow Healers

Hunters /= Beast masters (wasted Dps talents)
Hunter = Marksman (dps with lack of agroes)

Rogues = Combat PVE
Rogues /= Lolsteppers (lolstepper = raid kick)

Paladin = Tankadin to help the Main tanks
Paladin = Healers (in a group with other healers with concentration on)
Paladin/= Retri dps (this is a big NO NO. OOM= Loss of 50% dps waste DPS on pvp please)

Warlocks = Tanks
Warlock = DPS
Warlock = Pest control

zyberian

Back to top Go down

Gruul Empty Buffs For Classes

Post  zyberian Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:47 am

Yes there are GOOD buffs and the are BAD buffs
Warrior tank :KINGS blessing, Thorns Battle shouts Drums if possible Stam HOT
Druid Tank :KINGS blessing, Thorns, Leader of the Pack Drums Stam HOT
Mage Tank :KINGS blessing Stam HOT Power infusion from Priest NINERVATE from druid tank BOW if possible
Hunter :KINGS blessing Stam HOT Feign Death After druid tank has taken 20K aggro AFTER Healer is Dead BOW
Warlock :KINGS blessing Stam buff HOT BOW

DPS and HEALERS MUST have Salvation we all know there one too many pulls from us Epic Agro lovers but the cost is the WHOLE raid dying in about 2 minutes

zyberian

Back to top Go down

Gruul Empty Re: Gruul

Post  Knargelion Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:17 pm

We've loads of tanks, off the top of my head I can add Shel, Sobroxedus, Poochie and myself to that list. Sobroxedus is your obvious choice for hurtful strike tank, the boys got all his badge epix, should be well over 30k armor. 15k stam unbuffed is high for a druid, once you get rid of heavy clefthoof your stamina takes a bit. Saying that, I believe it works if you socket stamina, as opposed to the agility I've been socketing as an off-tank.

I'll probably actually respec resto/restokin if we look to go to gruul anyway, My gear is reasonable, finally got Sha'tar exalted for the mace and have most of the mats to enchant it short notice if needed. Also, Knyster just needs an epic healing mace, and Alliwar's gear is pretty solid, so we're in less bad shape than we look.

Knargelion

Back to top Go down

Post  Daggerbah Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi guys ... i am a new member to the betrayers ... and i have MT gruul's a few times in the past ....

We must get 2-3 grups farming kara for a good few weeks b4 u want to think about taking gruul on .... VR in TK is easier than gruul's lair
Daggerbah
Daggerbah

Back to top Go down

Gruul Empty warriors in gruul

Post  Sheleena Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:34 pm

right...i agree with everything said so far bar 1.....16k hp unbuufed? are you having a laff? i am 2 items short in kara of not needing anything else as tank and im barly scraping 14.1k and thats with almost all 12+ stam gems etc and various enchants of doom....the only way to be hitting that lvl of HP really is T5 + 14k raid buffed is near 20k anyway and tbh with the healers we have i see no reason why more is needed....lets be honest, gruul is designed to be next from kara....you cant get 16k unbuffed HP from kara....so...thats my rant over any who...im most looking foward to it and i have finished gruul ..i will be posting a tactics style thingy on here for the new ppl to look at...sort of like Gruul for dummies

shel
Sheleena
Sheleena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sassoru Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:19 pm

Agree with Shel here, you dont need that much HP, armor and other mitigation comes into a effect too, rather then just sheer health, if a warrior knows their tanking cycle and are specced right, Gruul wont be a problem.
Feral druid tanking is a no no on this fight due to lack of mitigation aside from armor (block etc etc)
Dodge is what they rely on and that means having the possibility of a highly grown gruul one shot our tank based on a luck factor, no thanks.

Sassoru

Back to top Go down

Post  Knargelion Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Sassoru wrote:Agree with Shel here, you dont need that much HP, armor and other mitigation comes into a effect too, rather then just sheer health, if a warrior knows their tanking cycle and are specced right, Gruul wont be a problem.
Feral druid tanking is a no no on this fight due to lack of mitigation aside from armor (block etc etc)
Dodge is what they rely on and that means having the possibility of a highly grown gruul one shot our tank based on a luck factor, no thanks.

The thing you're thinking of is crushing blow immunity, which druids don't have, but which affects only white attacks. The main 1-shot risk on gruul is from the hurtful strikes, which hit the number 2 on threat in melee range. Druids are the best at tanking this, since they can absorb a greater amount of physical damage than any other class (which is balanced by them taking crushing blows which white damage taken, and having no magic mitigation).

For a main-tank, they mainly have to have to stay up through stoning(raidwide stun) and reverberation (raidwide silence). A warrior/paladin isn't crush immune for stoning either, since they're stunned, though they will be missed more due to higher defense, but the max damage they can take during a stoning is higher than for a feral druid. However, warriors and paladins are crush immune for reverberation, and indeed the rest of the time, so they're less likely to succumb to a crush streak which can can take a tank down in ~4 seconds if they're unlucky and don't get heals. Druids possibly are the worst choice for an MT on gruul, but they're not a nono.

Knargelion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sassoru Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:48 am

I sit corrected and firmly educated, cheers ^^

Sassoru

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccone Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Here comes big nasty Ciccone to piss on the healing parade. Heres the people that are geared:

Ciccone
Fermin
Elothar
Arckira
Macplug
Alliwar

And to be honest I think thats it at the moment unless another healer with +1600 healing pops up. And yes, thats what you should be aiming for _1600_. Priests should have enough mana regen to survive 6 minutes without an innervate (should be easy mode after 2.4 applies today), pallies should have enough mp5 to last it and druids should have an innervate gear set (something I shall admit I do not have yet myself as Nightbane has not dropped my staff yet). One word of advice, innervate = wasted on pallies and should only be used on the priests that can switch to a high spirit weapon for the innervate (blue staff from second boss SV with +spirit should work).

+1600 should be what people are aiming for for Gruul / Maggy. +1800 for druids and shammies for TK/SSC and +2000 for Pallies and Priests in the same place.

We do have some aspiring healers so we just need to get them geared.
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Post  Daggerbah Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Dont forget Amberx .. she has lots of 25 man experience too

Myself has tanked king mulgar and gruul a few times now ....

But as gruul only needs 2 tanks ... and first stage needs like 4-5! Its very usefull to have druid's here that can switch to dps, As for my tank .. he is complelty useless, unless he is MT on gruul himself! But i can always switch over to rogue for dps or drop to let a dps guy in!
Daggerbah
Daggerbah

Back to top Go down

Gruul Empty re edit

Post  zyberian Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:50 am

We have the correct amount of Tank specced classes (Sheleena Avatryne Daggerbah Methias
We DONT have Enough well geared Healer Specced classes (Ciccone Fermin
We DONT have 2 extremely well geared PVE hunters (insert
We DONT have 2 Huge HP warlocks (who are on often enough) (Deamothul and felwand)
We DO have 1 mage tank for The mage add in HKM
We Do have a Few Shamans for the Dps groups IF they all Spec ELE/HEALERS
We Do have Leatherworkers with Drum of War for the increased DPS boost
We Dont have responsible Shadow priests to my knowledge *extra heals make the difference*
We have 25 Fully Geared people Yet so Far i can Count around 16 -18 and they are Not all the Right SPEC
If you Want to DO GRUUL in the SPEC LIKE IT MEANS SOMETHING

zyberian

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciccone Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Its Friday. Crunch time comes in two days...

We have 35 people signed up. We will be picking out the best people to represent the guild on our first 25 man. If you aren't picked then you don't have the gear or your role isn't needed at this point.

Sorry... but this is somewhere we need the best the guild has to offer. Thats in gear, ability, experience, team balance and maturity.

If you ain't picked... theres always next week.

This is the big one for many of us.

Want to show that the guild CAN make it through SSC/ TK? Want to feel a part of something big? This is your time to shine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I'm expecting of you and what the other officers are:

You to be online at a decent time before the start. I'd personally like you on at 18.00.

You to be ready with reagents, pots, materials, gear changes, your mascot pet.

You to have read up on the tactics and to know what you will be doing. THIS IS PIVOTAL. I WILL BE CHECKING WITH EVERYONE THAT HAS SIGNED THAT THEY HAVE READ UP THE WOWWIKI PAGE/ WATCHED A HOW TO VIDEO.

You to expect wipes, to expect this will be tough, to expect repair bills... and not complain about it... and not chicken out...

You to want this to work as much as me.
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Gruul Empty <---agrees

Post  Sheleena Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:54 am

i just wanted to re - iterrate a point cicc made, this is gona be tough, hard...a pain in the ass..but this is the life of raiding...the time to chicken out cuz you wipe has passed. if you want to do this..expect repair bills..and expect grief..fights are won and lost with the right mind from the word go

beleive in us...trust us...and be part of the team...we each have a role to play now..DPS..tank ..healer..we are all just as important now..and be honest..if you fuck up but you know why..noone will yell at you for it..thats life, all we ask is you learn from you learn from yours and others mistakes and soon we will have gruul on farm and look to keal and vashj...

pep talk over..im very much looking foward to tomorrow..just do your job and we will win...easy Smile

love you all...now lets kill us a gronn!

shel
Sheleena
Sheleena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down