The Betrayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiding rules

3 posters

Go down

Raiding rules Empty Raiding rules

Post  Fermin Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:04 pm

This is directed at the ruling elite mainly (Ava, Shanu and co). Last night we only downed two bosses; neither of which take much clearing to get to, if any. How did this take us three hours to do?! It comes down to pure disorganisation. If we can't organise ourselves in Kara how will we ever manage in ZA's timed events or when we have 25 people to manage?

I think we need to make some raiding groundrules. I'm starting to get really annoyed at how disorganised we are. People not having pots, dc'ing, having to leave half-way through a raid, not having Teamspeak, etc. I'm only a class leader so none of this stands unless it's ratified by Ava/Shanu, they're just some suggestions.

1. Raiders must have their roles respective elixirs, pots, reagents and such before raiding. No more asking for them from Ciccone or others mid-raid.
2. Raiders must have read up on whatever bosses are intended to be downed that run.
3. Raiders have to be ready for summon at the arranged raid start time.
4. Raiders who have signed up for raids on the calendar get priority, however if they have signed up and can't make it they need to remove themselves or let someone know before the raid start time.
5. Raiders must allow for a reasonable amount of raiding time, depending on the instance and bosses to be run. I think this needs to be a minimum of two hours. (eg- a Kara reset-run starting at 19:00 means you need to be free until 21:00)
6. Raiders should cook/eat/piss/shit/smoke/wank before the raid or when we agree to take a break. Which we do regularly enough for it not to be an issue.
7. Raiders should have all the add-ons the GMs and their respective class leaders say they should, as well as Teamspeak. You don't need a mic, but you do need to be able to hear commands.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment. I think it would make sense to say anyone not conforming with the above should get minimum priority for raid places, and for loot if it's contested.

I know I'm being supremely anal, but it's starting to take the piss a little bit. It's really unfair on the other nine people if you make them wait while you do any of the stuff above. Most of us would rather be roleplaying, questing and heroicing than spending 90% of their time in a raid not actually fighting. I've heard so many guildys say they don't enjoy it any more and we will start losing members.

PS - I love you all! Even if it doesn't seem like it some times! xxxxx

Fermin

Back to top Go down

Raiding rules Empty Re: Raiding rules

Post  Ciccone Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:41 pm

1. Please do this... It gets rid of a huge amount of downtime during the raid and its a good habit to get into. There are guilds that will kick you (not just from the raid) for coming without pots etc. It isn't difficult to leave me or Frozz a mail if you want pots or elixirs. Hell... I'm beginning to pick up on regular orders now...

2. Yup. If we revert back to one group I expect this to be reinforced harshly. You don't know the tactics? Replaced.

3. Agreed. If you are a replacement member then you make your own way there (how hard is it to fly to Duskwood?)

4. There is an apologies section in PvE for a reason. This can be accessed from any computer with the internet, not just one with WoW so please let us know if your dog shat on your graphics card and you can't run WoW because of it.

5. You sign up for a raid you sign up for the full thing in my opinion. I'd like to see people starting to take notice of this.

6. and 7. I'm in agreement with as well. No Omen? Replaced.

I'm in agreement with Fermin here. The amount of down time can take the piss at times and this is fine if we desperately need to replace someone but otherwise I say if someone DCs we continue (9 man it), give them 5 mins to reappear then make it known on /g, take the first response that can make their own way there then get going. I've got mates in what used to be Flawless and they 22-manned some TK bosses purely out of choice since they kicked three raid members for fannying about. We should be able to 9 man most of the bosses in Kara anyway.

I've been getting very itchy with the "remove" option in raid assist and its only time before I and others start using it ^_^
Ciccone
Ciccone

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharlian Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:43 pm

I have to get my two cents in here and agree with Cicc and Fermin. I dont usually get online till my kids go to bed at night around 8-9pm gmt....thats 9-10 game time. So when I do sign up for a raid I only have 2-2.5 hours before I have to put the kids to bed and read them stories and whatnot.

So I rush home from work..make sure the kids are going to be kept busy...promise to bring the missus out and buy her something nice, then i login get my pots that I usually have waiting in the bank and head to Kara or wait for summon. Then it starts, wheres [insert name]..he said he needs repairs back in a sec, or he needs mats or hes gonna be afk for ten mins or one of ten different things. So instead of the raid starting at 19:00
it usually starts at 19:30-19:45, so this means I have never gotten further than Maiden by 21:00...when I usually have to leave to get the kids to bed.

For me it just means no raiding, because I know we are not going to be that far in by the time I have to leave....so its no use going through the effort of getting home ontime making sure the kids are kept busy and placating the missus.

I know the likes of Ava and Cicc do be red in the face repeating the same all the time, and rightly so. I would love to sign up for a raid that actually starts at 19:00 without any of the usual messing about!

Anyway just my two cents on the matter Very Happy
Tharlian
Tharlian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down